Monday, October 4, 2010

Sieanna, Sucia, Montepulciano and Pienza

I had an eventful day yesterday! I hadn't drove stick shift in a REALLY long time and I did it! I drove in Italy and have never driven in a foreign country before. Yes, the left lane is for autobahn drivers! And the right for slower, old fiats and Oregonians like me.

Andrea and I went to Sienna. The best part about it was the piazza, the best in Italy - like an open beach! I fell asleep in the sun and snored (the latter according to Andrea). We then drove in hella traffic to get Sucia in Florence. But for a Euro even the cappucino was divine at the airport! And never available to go!

I had not seen Sucia in 5 years and we yelped with seeing each other again and Holla we are in Italy! We stopped in some small town and had the best meal and cheapest. We find when we stop in sleepy towns of the non-tourist kind, the food is divine and CHEAP. We had the most divine sea salt rosemary flat bread. Sucia and Andrea had had the whole calamari - not f-ing fried! I had never seen the whole thing not cut up or fried!

I slept until 11, and they let me sleep. So we went to Montepulciano. I am with shoppers and we all bought funky boot in blue and red, soaps, perfumes, etc.

We decided to make dinner tonight! We made steak in a rose salt Sucia bought with a wine reduction, pasta with truffle tomato sauce and a arugula, raddicho, tomato salad! It was insanely awesome!

Tomorrow we are off to Lucca and Pisa! I drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment