Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Final Note

I am now back at work in my Dilbert gray cube being the vapid corporate "fake it till you make slave" that I am. I miss the sunlight of Tuscany, the stars at night, and wonder why as Americans we work so hard with so little vacation. I saw the liesure way of life, the time with family in ancient cities thousands of years before our 200 year old US and in many ways I was envious.

We spend the majority of our time at work. Do we live to work or work to live? Or live for two week long Italy vacations? Something seriously has to be re-done about the American work ethic in addition to our struggling jobless economy. As yes, Americans are not perceived well by the rest of the world. We felt this first hand, and reverting to Spanish vs. English saved us some European stares and scathes by the locals. Our economy brought down and up the rest of the world. In many ways, I hear it daily that China owns us with our debt.

For all its worth, travel is the best opportunity for education and growth in this world. Take it from a girl sitting in her corporate cube today....

No comments:

Post a Comment